So Norm of the North inspired me to create a top 10 list of the worst animated films I’ve ever seen. Here it is:
10. Lorax- This bright, messy film ruins Dr Seuss’ subtle message into a story of bland corporate greed.
9. Mars Needs Moms- Gray, drab, motion capture film with a strangely dark message for kids of Moms getting abducted by aliens.
8. Legends of Oz: Dorothy’s Return- Some of the worst animation I’ve ever seen. It does not look finished. The story is cluttered and I nodded off more than once. It is not worthy to bear the name of Oz.
7. Pound Puppies Movie- The worst of the corporate toy movies from the 80s with no creativity or cleverness. We get the origins of Puppy Power and that’s as lame as you might guess.
6. Fly Me to the Moon- Basically a script of unending fly puns and toilet humor. Poor animation, annoying characters, stupid story.
5. Hero of Color City- Terrible Toy Story rip-off about crayons who come to life. The animation is awful, the story is boring, humor falls flat.
4. Hunchback of Notre Dame 2- Takes the subtle dark message of the original and turns it into a maudlin atrocity. Terrible animation, horrible villain and a bell with jewels on the inside is stupid. The worst of the Disney sequels in my opinion.
3. Norm of the North- Call it recency bias but this may be the worst animated film I’ve seen in a theater. The story makes no sense, animation is sloppy, villain super lame. Not one good thing to say about it
2. Eight Crazy Nights- Disgusting animated film from Adam Sandler featuring jokes in poor taste to put it mildly. His vocal performances are insulting and annoying. The songs wouldn’t even work in a bad SNL skit. Terrible film in every way.
1. All Dogs Go to Heaven Christmas Carol- You guys know how dear Christmas Carol is to me and this film adds hypnotized dogs and a she-devil spirit called Belladonna who wants to destroy Christmas. Making Carface Scrooge doesn’t work because he isn’t the primary villain trying to ruin Christmas. The Tiny Tim dog is the worst and The animation is terrible and the songs unoriginal.
15 thoughts on “Top 10 Worst Animated Films”
Have you actually seen that? I haven’t
What I have seen in the various reviews is more than enough. The animation alone…*shudder*
Yeah it looks awful but this was just the worst I’ve actually seen. I cant bring myself to see Foodfight
I saw Foodfight, I think I enjoyed pieces of it for just how bad it really was.
I haven’t seen any of these films, so I can’t say whether they’re bad or not. As for the worst animated film I’ve seen, that would have to be A Troll in Central Park. I watched it for the first time yesterday and it was absolutely horrible.
That one is very bad. No doubt about it
Haven’t seen it
It is a whole other level of awful.
It looks that way. You’ve actually watched it then? I have no doubt it would top this list if I saw it!
The longest I lasted was 45 minutes but I’ve watched reviews of it
That counts as seeing it I think. I’ve seen reviews too and just can’t bring myself to see it. But yeah this list was just the worst I’ve seen so that’s why it’s not there
These are all pretty bad even though I haven’t seen some of them.
My worst animated film that I’ve seen is either Doogal or A Troll in Central Park. I can’t remember Doogal enough to remember which I hate more.
Troll in Central Park is terrible. Maybe it would be 11th for me. I haven’t seen Doogal but it looks awful