One of the problems with not leaving the house these days is you lose a sense of personal style and flair. Plus, let’s be honest, most of us have resorted to yoga pants and sweatshirts far too often since the pandemic began! Well, today I thought it would be fun to show how you can recreate the looks of your favorite movie heroines without breaking the bank and using wearable pieces that will fit into any outfit (with a few embellishments added for fun!)
This article does contain amazon affiliate links
Anyone who reads this blog knows of my love for Ms Golightly played by the immortal Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffanys. What she managed to do is combine elegance while still dressing sexy and chic.
- Mullberry Street Maxi Dress Fashion Nova $24.99
- Audrey Helpburn Holly Golightly Breakfast at Tiffanys Costume Jewelry and Accessory Set fro Amazon.com $26.99
Harvard didn’t know what had hit them when Elle Woods came to town with her signature color pink ensembles and cute dog Bruiser Woods. in Legally Blonde.
For this outfit we have:
- Taryn Sweater Midi Dress Fuchsia from Fashion Nova $24.99
- Chouyatou Women’s Stylish Oblique Zip Slim Faux Leather Biker Outerwear Jacket from amazon.com $28.90-$44.90
- Vintage Cat’s Eye Sunglasses for Women from Amazon.com $8.99
- Douglas Carlos Chihuahua Dog Plush from Amazon.com $13.45
Longtime readers of this blog know the 1995 comedy Clueless is a foundation comedy for me. Indeed, it’s not only one of the best comedies ever but it also has an impeccable sense of style. Here’s my take on one Cher’s most iconic outfits.
- Cher Plaid Mini Skirt- Mustard from Fashion Nova $29.99
- Ready to Post Cher Blazer in Yellow Tartan from Gfdstore $87.00
- Mine Knee High Boots in White from Public Desire $67.99
- Classic Toy Flip Phone from Amazon.com $22.79
Given we have all been wearing yoga pants it might be easier to go with a more approachable, less constricting look. Let’s go with Bella Swan from the Twilight films as played by Kristen Stewart.
- The Right Angle Skinny Jeans- Grey from Fashion Nova $19.99
- Brunswick Denim Jacket Smoke Grey from Flag and Anthem $99.50
- Timeless V-Neck T-shirt Beet Root Burgundy from Banana Republic $9.99
- Athletic Works Women’s Dri More Core Active Full Zip Hoodie from Walmart.com $14.96
- Thin silver ring with feline head Gucci $265 from Gucci (ok that’s way expensive but it is perfect. This will do for $4.19 from Claire’s)
So there you have it! What do you think of my outfits? Does it inspire you to think outside the box with your fashion choices? I hope so! Either way it was super fun for me to come up with these looks. Take care!