Hey guys! My friend over at Drew’s Movie Reviews has nominated me for Liebster Award. Thanks! I figure it would be a fun way for you all to get to know me better. A reminder my regular blog has a lot of this information about me at smilingldsgirl.com. My regular blog does get into politics and religion a little bit so not for everyone but I try to have a variety.
So here are the rules to the Liebster Award.
- Thank the blog who nominated you and link back to them.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers to receive the coveted award.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Tell your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Give the nominees 11 questions to answer on their blog when they post their nomination.
- Can you wiggle your ears? No. I wish I could!
- Do you watch any web series? If so, what’s your favorite one? I don’t watch any because they tend to be pretty R rated in content. I liked Dr Horrible’s Sing Along Blog and will watch Mindy Project now that it is moving over to Hulu. There are a lot of shows I watch online like Rick and Morty but are still aired on cable.
- What is the first movie you remember watching in the theaters? Little Mermaid and Home Alone is the first comedy I remember.
- Do you prefer 3D or 2D movies or are you indifferent? 2D because I have a lazy eye so 3D is tough for me.
- Do/Did you play any sports? Which ones? I’m an open water swimmer.
- What is your favorite card game? Phase 10
- What is your favorite board game? I love games like Apples to Apples, Pictionairy but probably Cranium because it combines so many fun games into one
- What is your favorite video game? Not a video game fan so I guess Tetris.
- If you had a time machine and could go back in time without consequence of messing up the future, where and when would you visit and why? This is going to sound cheesy but it’s true I would go back and meet Jesus, hear the Sermon on the Mount.
- Do you have a motto or mantra? I love the Nora Ephron quote “Above all, be the heroine of your life not the victim”
- What is your favorite thing about blogging or being a blogger? My favorite part is the experience of writing whether it be a movie review or a more personal entry on my regular blog.
Thanks for those questions. Now I have to give 11 random facts about myself
1. I’ve been blogging since 2008
2. I hate driving. If I could have a chauffeur I would never miss it.
3. I love subscription boxes and review them on my youtube channel along with movies.
4. I got my dream job last year working in social media marketing.
5. I hate tomato juice
6. I’ve swam and completed 8 open water races including swimming the Great Salt Lake Open Water Swim 4 times.
7. My favorite books are North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I have read both books at least 7 times
8. I met Jackie Chan and his autobiography is actually super good. He’s had an insane life growing up in an orphanage that performed Chinese opera.
9. I have an MBA from University of Phoenix and a BA from Brigham Young University.
10. I served a mission for my church in Indiana from 2003-2005 so pretty much any movie during those years I haven’t seen except for Incredibles, Return of the King, and HP 3.
11. I’ve had surgery on my eyes twice to correct a lazy eye and I can’t see those darn Magic Eye pictures and I hate them!
So that is my 11 random facts. I don’t know who to nominate but I’ll do:
Natalie over at Disney Freak
Heather at Hope for Heather
That’s good enough for now.
Here are my 11 questions
1. If you had to pick music, movies, or books what would you pick?
2. Favorite animated film?
3. What movie do you think is actually better than the book?
4. What is the best dish you cook?
5. Favorite candy bar?
6. What’s worst date you’ve ever been on?
7. Mac or PC?
8. What is the movie that you relate too the most? That seems to be telling your story
9. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
10. What do you collect?
11. What’s the movie you went to see in the theater multiple times the most?
There you go! Feel free to give me your answers in the comments section or answer them even if not tagged. I wasn’t sure who had recently been tagged so I didn’t know who to pick. Have fun!